[OpenAFS] AFS namei file servers, SAN, any issues elsewhere? We've had some. Can AFS _cause_ SAN issues?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:01:10 -0400

Yes. We only have one fibre channel HBA and one fibre channel disk pack,
a Sun StorEdge 3511 expansion tray with SATA disks.

For what it's worth, we just tested 1.4.6 inode fileserver (nologging
ufs) on an old-style direct-attached SCSI disk pack and saw similar
sluggish vos performance to what we saw on our SAN disk pack running the
1.4.1-inode fileserver.

Jason