[OpenAFS] How to access files on the server without the client?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Wed, 07 May 2008 08:42:55 -0400

Micha³ Dro¼dziewicz wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to access volumes (files on volumes) without the
> client? I can log in onto the server as root.
>
> Server is not serving volumes (problem I've described erlier -
> fileserver and volserver are not starting properly) and I really need
> to copy these files onto another machine for this server to reinstall.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you dump the volumes?
What type of fileserver is it? namei or inode? If it's namei, then you
might be able to shutdown the afs processes and copy the vice partitions
to another server, where they could be remounted.

Jason