[OpenAFS] com_err issues building afs-krb5

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 15 May 2008 15:53:02 -0700

Jack Neely <jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu> writes:

> Folks,
>
> I'm attempting to build the AFS krb5 migration kit.

Probably the first question is "do you really need to do this?"  You may
not; it depends on what you need.  If you need the kaserver dump
conversion utility, then yes, you probably do, but I think all of the
other programs have since been incorporated in either OpenAFS or in MIT
Kerberos (and I think Heimdal may have some separate solution for the
kaserver dump converter, but I don't remember).

> The afs-krb5 stuff finds the system's libcom_err.so but AFS builds and
> links against its own and always complains about missing symbols of
> afs_com_err and friends.  Is there a better way to correct this rather
> than just adding /usr/lib64/afs/libcom_err.a to the LIBS variable in the
> proper place in configure.in?

That's probably what I'd do.