[OpenAFS] vos listaddr problem?

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Thu, 29 May 2008 09:25:12 +0200

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> While trying to get the afsss.pl script to run I found a glitch with
>> vos listaddr.
>>
>> As done via help from the #openafs chat I managed to get my cell back
>> to run with vos syncvldb (all fileservers)  after a IP change of the
>> servers.
>>
>> Now a vos listaddr shows:
>> trinculo.cgv.tu-graz.ac.at
>> deimos.cgv.tu-graz.ac.at
>> phobos.cgv.tu-graz.ac.at
>=20
> I get:
>=20
> C:\>vos listaddrs  -cell cgv.tugraz.at
> trinculo.cgv.tu-graz.ac.at
> deimos.cgv.tu-graz.ac.at
> phobos.cgv.tu-graz.ac.at
> host6968.igd.fhg.de
>=20
>> But a vos listvldb shows two filserver more (oberon.cgv.tugraz and
>> host6968.igd.fhg.de)
>> Even a vos exa user.schimmer tells the two fileservers are active
>> (and I can access the volumes on those two fileservers).
>> And I can do vos syncvldb host6968.igd.fhg.de and a vos listaddr shows
>> nothing of that fileserver afterwards.
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>=20
> One of those fileservers isn't accessible on the live internet, right?=20
> I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Not really. I found the problem yesterday evening but had no time to
post here.
The problem was the rebuild of the vldb with OpenAFS 1.4.7 and the two
missing fs were on 1.4.2.
Now I upgraded the "from live internet non accessable" fs to 1.4.7 and
it get shown in the vldb.
The missing last fs has only small amount of data and was noted to be
set offline, I'll set it offline today.
This problem solved so far.

> <<CDC

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
- --
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723