[OpenAFS] VLServer Reporting Wrong IP Behind NAT

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:08:36 -0400

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Jason C. Wells <jcw@highperformance.net> wrote:
> I have one roaming user and I am setting up my OpenAFS server behind NAT for
> the first time.
>
> tcpdump shows vlserver traffic coming in but no fileserver traffic
>
> On the client 'fs checkservers -cell stradamotorsports.com' reports that
> 192.168.1.208 is not found.  I don't have the exact message as I was on the
> phone with the roaming user.  The vlserver is not reporting the right
> address to allow external clients from reaching the internal server.
>
> The NetInfo file contains.
>
> 192.168.1.208
> f 64.81.163.126
>
> How can I get the vlserver to report the external IP address for external
> requests?

It's supposed to report both and does for me. We don't know where the
request came from, and if we did we still wouldn't necessarily know
topology. More work is needed in that space.

However, I'm pretty sure a relevant fileserver bug was fixed post-1.4.2.