[OpenAFS] when openafs becomes a windows IFS

Christof Hanke hanke@csc.fi
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:38:37 +0300

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 23:57:56 Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> > Would using mount points instead of symlinks to directories help with
> > this problem?
>
> Windows doesn't know about mount points.  A mount point is a Directory
> to Windows.  Same behavior when removing a directory as when removing a
> directory.

Knowing next to nothing about windows, I just stumbled about "DFS Junction
Points" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=205524)
 and wondered if the AFS-client could report a mountpoint as something like
that to windows and if that would change anything.