[OpenAFS] Fileserver doesn't recognise host-principals

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 11:02:52 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:49:06AM -0500, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

[snip]

> ls -l uses the host's mapping of UID to names.
>
> So was the file written with the anonymous UID?
> ls -ln  should show the UID.
> What mappings are /etc/passwd, NIS or LDAP?

I'm using the ptdb-nss-plugin which means the PTDB itself does the host's
UID to Name mapping.

> What systems? Do they may unknown UIDs to anonymous?

It's a linux system. It turned out, that there's an unexpected internal
mapping from host/myhost.domain to rcmd.myhost on the fileserver. Renaming
the PTDB-entry solved the problem.

Regards,

Frank