[OpenAFS] when openafs becomes a windows IFS

Christof Hanke hanke@csc.fi
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:01:46 +0300

On Thursday 04 September 2008 15:06:05 Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Christof Hanke wrote:
> >>
> >> Windows doesn't know about mount points.  A mount point is a Directory
> >> to Windows.  Same behavior when removing a directory as when removing a
> >> directory.
> >
> > Knowing next to nothing about windows, I just stumbled about "DFS
> > Junction Points" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=205524)
> >  and wondered if the AFS-client could report a mountpoint as something
> > like that to windows and if that would change anything.
>
> It would not change anything.  A junction point is viewed at the
> application layer as a directory.

OK, I just thought so otherwise, because it seems to make a difference for
those guys :

http://www.superflexible.com/docs.htm#
Look for :
"The program does not follow NTFS Junction Points."

Christof