[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS gatekeeper plan draft available

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:31:11 -0400

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@openafs.org> wrote:
> OpenAFS has started down a path to formally organizing. One piece of
> the plan involves formalizing roles, and so provided here is a draft
> plan for the role of the gatekeepers as well as expectations of
> contributors in their interactions. Comments welcome, either privately
> or ideally to openafs-info@openafs.org .
>
> http://www.openafs.org/foundation/gatekeepers.html

Looks good.

A note:

# must for major architectural changes engage the community for
guidance and the Advisory Board for a final decision on acceptance. A
review of the proposed changes must be provided to the community and
Advisory Board by the Gatekeepers. (Standards-based changes must go
through the protocol standards process rather than an internal
process)

Better is:

For major architectural changes, must engage.....

I would also add functional tests in addition to unit tests.  Many
functional tests already exist (in src/tests), so improving that
should be encouraged.

--
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation