[OpenAFS] Re: Build samba 3.2.2 with openafs 1.4.7

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Sat, 06 Sep 2008 21:53:24 +0200

Volker Lendecke írta:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 03:32:25PM +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:
>
>> Sorry, does it mean, that running a nonguest samba share on top of an
>> afs mounted directory require the use of plaintext passwords?!
>> Is there no way to "impersonate" the  user connected via smb/cifs and
>> obtain the afs tokens on behalf of he/she?
>>

> No, but you need to use the fake kaserver.
>
> Volker

That's realy good news, and finally I think I've got the point: I'll
drop the --with-afs configure option focussing instead on
--with-fake-kaserver and -with-vfs-afsacl options only.

Thanks

Geza