[OpenAFS] vos dump has timeout 700 second if vlserver down

Michal Svamberg svamberg@gmail.com
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:05:05 +0200

Ok,
I removed the last line from my /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB (server sauron):

>zcu.cz                    # University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic
147.228.52.10                   #oknos.zcu.cz
147.228.52.17                   #nic.zcu.cz
147.228.10.18                   #sauron.zcu.cz

Using of 'vos dump' helped, now it works better,
But 'vos release <volume> -localauth' is faulty:

vos rel common.etc.xen -v -localauth
Could not lock the VLDB entry for the volume 876072271.
u: not synchronization site (should work on sync site)
Error in vos release command.
u: not synchronization site (should work on sync site)

What is wrong?

Michal Svamberg