[OpenAFS] Weird filenames with Visual Studio 2003 and OpenAFS 1.5.5[12]

John Perkins john@cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:22:39 -0500

> If you can reproduce the problem while capturing OpenAFS Trace output
> it would help to track down the problem.  In particular I need to
> identify which routines were used to create the temporary file.
> It looks like a counted string is being used as a nul terminated string
> at some point.

(Jeffrey: please excuse the double delivery here...I've been seeing some
issues with openafs-info mail messages not being delivered this week.)

We've run across the same error at our site using OpenAFS 1.5.52 on
Windows XP SP2.

You can find a trace log done during a build run at
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~john/winafs-logs/garbagechars/afsd.log
I had the TraceBufferSize set to 20000; let me know if you need a log
snapped with a higher TraceBufferSize or any other logs.

   John Perkins			  |   University of Wisconsin-Madison
   Researcher		  	  |   Department of Computer Science
   john@cs.wisc.edu		  |   1210 W. Dayton St.
   608-262-0438/608-262-6626 FAX  |   Madison, WI  53706-1685