[OpenAFS] VLDB problem - Duplicate entries

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:34:23 -0400

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:50 PM, William Setzer <William_Setzer@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Our first thought is to do a "vos syncvldb"/"vos syncserv", but we
> don't know if this will fix the problem, particularly in the case of
> duplicate entries pointing to the same place.  Our second thought is
> to do it after zeroing out the VLDB, but the downtime we'd suffer
> isn't very appealing. :)   Our third thought is that we might have a
> more serious corruption, since we had a problem with our VLDB several
> months ago (which we thought we had fixed).

The 2nd thought is exactly what I would do.

I'm not sure how many servers & volumes you have, but if unless your
cell is huge, downtime of more than an hour would be surprising.
Rebuilding a new VLDB generally goes pretty quickly.