[OpenAFS] Re: RHEL4 kdc/afs server - using "afs" vs "afs/<cellname>" in kerberos

avison48 avison48@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:41:34 +0000 (GMT)

Good Day, and thank you for your generous & patient help.

> I see both atest.phy and ktest.phy used as the cell/realm name. They
> should be the same.

I wished to differentiate btw DNS, kdc realm & afs cellname to ensure it
was understood where in a given string (like afs/whatever@whatever) which
is which.

But it sounds like acell must =3D krealm. Ok.

> You're client is probably configured for dynamic root mode.

Yes, by default it is so configured, but set off for now since it is
known to break setup+initial-config.

With server rebuilt with acell =3D krealm =3D ktest.phy, there are no
kinit or aklog problems, & fs setacl on /afs works, & also the next
batch of vos addsite commands from the F9 howto work.
I'll carry on from there.

Thanks to everyone here very gratefully for your patient advice.
Jason & Sergio, your kindness is highly appreciated, bless you.

=0A=0A=0A