[OpenAFS] fedora 9 has kernel 2.6.26, openafs trouble compiling

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:31:32 +0100

On 26 Sep 2008, at 22:58, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On a new F9 updated system, the kernel is 2.6.26.3-29.
>
> While trying to build openafs 1.4.7, I end with the following error.
> Can anybody advise me (except to say 'get a different linux
> distribution, a point with which i would probably agree, but it is not
> feasible').

The RPMS available from openafs.org have already been fixed to handle
this. Grab /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/1.4.7/
openafs-1.4.7-1.1.3.src.rpm

While you're there, you might like to consider using the prebuilt
binaries that we provide for Fedora 9. The distribution is yum-able -
just install the openafs-repository-1.4.7-1.noarch.rpm from that
directory onto your machine, and yum install openafs-client. From that
point onwards, OpenAFS will be automatically updated along with the
rest of your Fedora packages.

Cheers,

Simon.