[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Windows client with Symantec Firewall issue

Jaime Cifuentes jcifuen@us.ibm.com
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:55:16 -0700

--0__=08BBFF1EDFF807778f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFF1EDFF80777

Hello all,
      I am having a problem with OpenAFS windows client when Symantec i=
enabled. I hope to get this issue resolved because several of my custom=
ers
have the same issue.
      Let me describe it:

The Environment:

Windows XP Professional, v 2002 SP 2
AFS client 1.5.5800 - though the problem is the same on other OpanAFS
client versions such as 1.5.16
Symantec v 8.7.4.97

The problem:.

I can not authenticate to the cell with Symantec Firewall enabled. I ge=
"AFS client unable to obtain tokens Error: 11862791 (AFS service may no=
t be
started)".  However, if I turn off the Firewall, the authentication hap=
pens
without any problems. Once the authentication has succeeded AFS continu=
es
to work without issues, even after the firewall is turned back on.

The Firewall has rules for "AFS Client", and for "OpenAFS Client Servic=
e".
I also verified NETBIOS over tcpip is enabled (I read that somewhere in=
 the
web).

I tend to believe it's the Firewall, - since it works with it turn off =
-
but I can not find what it is.  Any help or pointers will be greatly
appreciated

                              Jaime Cifuentes=

--0__=08BBFF1EDFF807778f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFF1EDFF80777

	I am having a problem with OpenAFS windows client when Symantec is ena=
bled. I hope to get this issue resolved because several of my customers=
 have the same issue.<br>
	Let me describe it:<br>
The Environment:<br>
Windows XP Professional, v 2002 SP 2<br>
AFS client 1.5.5800 - though the problem is the same on other OpanAFS c=
lient versions such as 1.5.16<br>
Symantec v 8.7.4.97<br>
The problem:<br>
I can not authenticate to the cell with Symantec Firewall enabled. I ge=
t  &quot;AFS client unable to obtain tokens Error: 11862791 (AFS servic=
e may not be started)&quot;.  However, if I turn off the Firewall, the =
authentication happens without any problems. Once the authentication ha=
s succeeded AFS continues to work without issues, even after the firewa=
ll is turned back on.<br>
The Firewall has rules for &quot;AFS Client&quot;, and for &quot;OpenAF=
S Client Service&quot;. I also verified NETBIOS over tcpip is enabled (=
I read that somewhere in the web).<br>
I tend to believe it's the Firewall, - since it works with it turn off =
- but I can not find what it is.  Any help or pointers will be greatly =
appreciated<br>
                              Jaime Cifuentes</body></html>=

--0__=08BBFF1EDFF807778f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFF1EDFF80777--