[OpenAFS] Linux log messages for client module, dangerous or not ?

Mircea Ciocan mircea.ciocan@cmosvision.com
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:10:51 +0200

 Hello,

 On a Linux box, variant OpenSUSE 11.1 with kernel 2.6.27 I've always
got those messages in the log file while loading the kernel module:
Apr 20 13:04:23 linux-bnyb kernel: Symbol init_mm is marked as UNUSED,
however this module is using it.
Apr 20 13:04:23 linux-bnyb kernel: This symbol will go away in the future.
Apr 20 13:04:23 linux-bnyb kernel: Please evalute if this is the right
api to use and if it really is, submit a report the linux kernel
mailinglist together with submitting your code for inclusion.
Apr 20 13:04:23 linux-bnyb kernel: Warning: failed to find address of
system call table
Apr 20 13:04:23 linux-bnyb kernel: System call hooks will not be
installed; proceeding anyway

The machine seem to work OK but I was wondering are those warnings
signaling something dangerous, especially the system call hooks one, or
they can be safely ignored ?

 Best regards,
 Mircea