[OpenAFS] rxkad error=19270408

Mircea Ciocan mircea.ciocan@cmosvision.com
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:28:48 +0200

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Mircea Ciocan
> <mircea.ciocan@cmosvision.com> wrote:
>
>> Derrick Brashear wrote:

>>> sure. it means you're starting afs with no servers available to serve
>>> root.afs.
>>>
>>> it's a bug. there's a ticket open for it. but it's easily avoidable:
>>> don't do that.
>>>

>> Oh well, fashion changes, some while ago NOT USING dynroot was bad and
>> obsolete, now is vice-versa ;), good to know that this was what was causing
>> it
>> but then again dynroot is quite convenient, I hope the bug gets fixed
>> sometime.
>>

> wait, you're saying the problem stopped when you *stopped* using dynroot?
> that's a new one.

 No, no, I've tried that on one machine, it did NOT stop, it only
stopped when I've did the silly procedure described in the first mail
and then after that everything worked,
I'm still using dynroot I'm afraid but I can not afford now another
downtime to experiment changing that.
I have some hazy recollection due to stress but I thing that when I've
removed dynroot option the machine started OK but died when making an ls
in the /afs/realm directory.

 Best regards,
 Mircea