[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Fileserver Behind NAT

Ken Elkabany Ken@Elkabany.com
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 03:32:45 -0700

Hello,

I am running OpenAFS 1.4.7 servers on Debian 5.0. I had initially been
having trouble accessing my OpenAFS Fileserver that was behind a NAT.
The VLDB was reporting the local IP of the fileserver to machines
outside the NAT group, resulting in connection failures. Adding both
the internal and external IPs to the NetInfo file did not seem to
yield any results or alter the server's behavior in any way (anyone
know why?). The solution that did work was to use the command "vos
changeaddr -oldaddr internalip -newaddr externalip". However, now all
of our OpenAFS clients are using the external ip, even though we would
prefer those within the NAT group to be using the internal ip. Any
suggestions?

Also, any explanations as to why 1. No sysid file is being created
would be appreciated, and 2. "vos listaddrs" returns blank?

Thanks,

Ken