[OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Active Directory documentation

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:43:46 -0400

What I presented, plus John Sopko's work with ktpass verifying
compatibility, should be all you need.

I can't find that link right now, though.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Josh Fiske <jfiske@clarkson.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been doing alot of research recently...=A0 We have an old (circa 200=
3)
> AFS cell and are looking at replacing those aging servers.=A0 For our new
> implementation, I hope to (read as:=A0 "have received an edict that we
> must...")=A0be able to=A0use Active Directory as the authentication sourc=
e.
> Initially, I began the new server installation following the Quick Start
> guide[1], but it still uses kaserver (krb4)...so that was right out.
>
> I found a PDF from a 2006 presentation by Derrick Brashear[2], but withou=
> actually hearing the presentation I'm not convinced that I'll be able to
> step through the requisite steps successfully.=A0 I also found some notes
> here[3], but lacking step-by-step documentation, I'm afraid that I'm most=
ly
> lost.
>
> Can anyone point me towards some detailed documentation on the subject?=
=A0 If
> no documentation exists, might someone be able to help step me through th=
> process?=A0 If the latter, I would be happy to create detailed (step-by-s=
tep)
> documentation of the setup to share with the community (perhaps as an upd=
ate
> to the Quick Start guide[1]).
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Josh
>
> [1]=A0 http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ=
41
> [2]=A0 http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw06/talks/shadow-AD.pdf
> [3]
> http://knowhow.asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua/index.php/%D0%9D%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%=
80%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BA%D0%B0_AFS_and_Active_Directory_interoperability

--=20
Derrick