[OpenAFS] Strange behavior with Windows client.

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:42:28 -0700

--000e0cd2553411bacf04684ed871

Similar to my problem except the local client did work and doesn't now.

JA Can you help on the XP fs trace? I'm not getting any output.

Derrick ditto for /proc/magic-sysrq on the Linux boxes.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Anders Magnusson <ragge@ltu.se> wrote:

> Environment:
> - Laptop, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, domain member.
> - OpenAFS client 1.5.59
> - Heimdal Kerberos server with trust to the AD domain.
>

> If I connect the computer to a network somewhere, and logs in with cached
> credentials, there
> is no way to talk to the AFS client; it just gives a strange error message,
> see below.
> Note that the identity manager fetches kerberos tickets without problem.
>

> C:\Documents and Settings\anha>dir \\afs\all <file://%5C%5Cafs%5Call>
> The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please
> ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
> C:\Documents and Settings\anha>aklog
> aklog: Couldn't determine realm of user: -1765328189
>
> Logging in as a local user and get tickets and tokens works just fine, it's
> when logging
> in with cached credentials things don't work. If the machine is plugged in
> to a network that can reach the domain controller
> (while still logged in with cached credentials, no reboots) the AFS client
> starts responding.
>
> The afsd_init.log don't say anything strange; and after all, the client
> seems to work when
> logging in as a local user.
>
> Any hints?
>
> -- Ragge

--000e0cd2553411bacf04684ed871

Similar to my problem except the local client did work and doesn&#39;t now.=
 class=3D"gmail_quote">
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Anders Magnusson <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a =
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204=
); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Environment:<br>
- Laptop, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, domain member.<br>
- OpenAFS client 1.5.59<br>
- Heimdal Kerberos server with trust to the AD domain.<br>
If I connect the computer to a network somewhere, and logs in with cached c=
redentials, there<br>
is no way to talk to the AFS client; it just gives a strange error message,=
 see below.<br>
Note that the identity manager fetches kerberos tickets without problem.<br=

C:\Documents and Settings\anha&gt;dir \\afs\all &lt;file://%5C%5Cafs%5Call&=
gt;<br>
The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensur=
e that you can contact the server that authenticated you.<br>
C:\Documents and Settings\anha&gt;aklog<br>
aklog: Couldn&#39;t determine realm of user: -1765328189<br>
Logging in as a local user and get tickets and tokens works just fine, it&#=
39;s when logging<br>
in with cached credentials things don&#39;t work. If the machine is plugged=
 in to a network that can reach the domain controller<br>
(while still logged in with cached credentials, no reboots) the AFS client =
starts responding.<br>
The afsd_init.log don&#39;t say anything strange; and after all, the client=
 seems to work when<br>
logging in as a local user.<br>
Any hints?<br>
-- Ragge<br>