[OpenAFS] Strange problem with Windows client.

Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:00:54 -0400

Anders Hannus wrote:
> Some further tests.
>
>> Does the 1.5.36 version of afslogon.dll work when installed with 1.5.61?
>
> No. Not with 1.5.59 anyway.

Based upon the Windows Application Event log messages it looks like
NPLogonNotify() is not completing.   At the point of the last message
the rest of the OpenAFS sources are not involved.  In other words,
I have no idea why this is working with 1.5.36 installed and not 1.5.59.

> From application log:
>
> AFS Logon: The following information is part of the event: NPLogonNotify - LoginId(0,301835).
> AFS Logon: The following information is part of the event: In GetDomainLogonOptions for user [anha] in domain [LTU.SE].

There need to be other messages following this.
> And here is then winlogon craches and the system reboots. This happens then logging is enabled.
> Logging then needs to be disabled remotely

Do you have a crash report for winlogon.exe that you can forward to
openafs-bugs?

Jeffrey Altman