[OpenAFS] Invalid cross-device link

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:42:46 -0400

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Jeffrey
Altman<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
> Stefan Strandberg wrote:
>> Anyone have any ideas? =A0I would really like to get everything on 1.4.1=
0
>> for the performance increases.
>
> The current version of OpenAFS is 1.4.11 which addresses:
>
> - Fix race in background sync code which could cause volumes to go
> =A0offline. (124359)
>
> This is not the issue you are describing. =A0However, please test with
> 1.4.11 and see if the problem is still present. =A0 If so, send logs and
> report to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

it will still be present. the real problem is you have a stale copy of
the replica elsewhere on the disk. there should be exactly one copy of
536885604, and it should be on the same partition as 536885602, both
according to the vldb and in vos listvol output. arrange to make that
true, and your issue will go away.