[OpenAFS] Windows MMC testers wanted
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:11:48 +0200
I just tried it on W2k3 SP2 (32-bit) /w OpenAFS client 1.5.61. Some
directly noticed things:
- When I click at "General/Manage AFS Client administrators group"
- Under the "CIFS" submenu all fields are empty, are they supposed to?
- Under Performance also all fields are empty.
- Under "Servers" as well nothing is shown.
- When clicking on the close mmc window button MMC got an error in the
and showed a big red X.
- When uninstalling from add/remove programs I got a complain window:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package".
"A program needed for this install to complete could not"
"be run. Contact your support personnel or package"
Brant Gurganus wrote:
> I am specifically looking for someone running an operating system
> between Windows XP and Windows Vista. Please try the installer at
> Please do this:
> 1. Install
> 2. Run mmc.exe.
> 3. Add the OpenAFS snap-in.
> If I authored the installer correctly so far, you should encounter no
> issues doing this. Please report any errors you encountered.
> Brant Gurganus
> OpenAFS-info mailing list