[OpenAFS] updating win2003 AD server to 2008(RC2)-64bit - any tips?

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@Desy.de
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:00:28 +0200

Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are still running a Win 2003 AD server as krb5 auth server and
> managing the AD user profiles (which resist inside of OpenAFS).
>
> I think about updating to Win2008 RC2 server (and clients from WinXP to
> Windows7 - available in MSDNAA for 1 week now).
> But our server is yet 32bit, the 2008RC2 will be 64bit.
> Anyone got any information about compatibility with Server 2008 and/or
> 64bit server with (old) clients 32bit, krb5 and OpenAFS ?

Hi,

I know for a fact that there are no implications from mixing different
client and server platforms. Everything that passes the wire is neatly
serialized.

As for your server upgrade, I have no idea, really. Perhaps your
database will need some kind of conversion? I admittedly have no
knowledge of AD whatsoever.

Cheers
 - Felix