[OpenAFS] Re: Odd token/fileserver permission denied problem

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:38:20 -0400

I don't know if this is the same problem I have been experiencing, but
it sounds similar.  I have no problem with permissions using 1.4.8 on
IRIX, which I built from source to enable namei (since I was having
serious issues with the stock inode version).

I have since attempted building 1.4.9, 1.4.10, and 1.4.11 from source,
both with clean source trees and with patches added to the known-working
1.4.8 tree.  1.4.9 and 1.4.10 built okay (with minor modifications),
however when installed I experienced this permission problem.  I could
get tickets and tokens as before, but was not able to access any
non-[system:anyuser]-readable files/folders.

(As a side note, I didn't have much luck building 1.4.11 for IRIX.  And
I haven't tried the stock sgi_65 dists for .9, .10, or .11 for fear it
may do something really bad to the namei-based partitions.)

Reverting to 1.4.8 and getting fresh tokens always fixed the permissions
problem.