[OpenAFS] vos syncvldb error

Wenping Yang yangw3@umdnj.edu
Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:11:52 -0500

Hello,

When I was running vos syncvldb on my fileserver, I got error:

Could not create a VLDB entry for the volume 536870944
VLDB: volume entry exists in the vldb
Could not process entries on server psrwjmsafs1.umdnj.edu partition /vicepe
VLDB synchronized with state of server psrwjmsafs1

actually volume 536870944 is not existing anywhere, and vos status shows
no active transactions.

Then I did bos salvage on partition /vicepe, it didn't give any error.

I also tried re-build VLDB on a dummy cell against this fileserver.
Process was finished, but gave message:

Could not process entries on server psrwjmsafs1 partition /vicepe
Total entries: 120, Failed to process 1, Changed 63
VLDB synchronized with state of server psrwjmsafs1.umdnj.edu

My fileserver is linux running openafs 1.4.7 (will be updated soon).
Partition vicepe is ext3.

Can someone give some advice?
Thanks.

Wenping