[OpenAFS] afs storebehind

Sriram Subramanian srirams@cs.wisc.edu
Sat, 05 Dec 2009 17:01:37 -0600

Hi All,

I read about the asynchronous write capability of afs (openafs 1.4.11 on linux 2.6.18 with about 1gb of vice cache)
and issued the following command to try it out.

	fs storebehind -allfiles 1048576 -verbose

Next i ran a script that creates a file in my afs partition and sequentially writes 40mb of data.
Upon closing the file, I still see the close() call waiting for all the data to be flushed back to the server.

Am I going wrong somewhere or is my understanding of the storebehind option incorrect? or is the asynchronous
mode of writing files triggered in a different fashion?

Thanks
Sriram