[OpenAFS] Thinking about 1.6

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:34:26 +0000

On 16 Dec 2009, at 18:16, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
> I would generally agree with almost all of this, except, probably
> removing --enable-fast-restart?  Since, as you note, there are sites
> which actually do rely on this, are you in fact meaning to say that
> the option would exist, but not be mentioned in the usage?

I'm saying that the option would not exist, but that the underlying
#ifdefs would remain. That way, if you absolutely must use it, it's
available, but it's clear that it's not considered part of the
'stable' release.

> I guess I'd also like to hear from Steven on pthreaded-ubik.  It
> appears that it actually isn't 100% stable, but is close, and
> apparently it's issue(s) are difficult to provoke.

My view is that if it isn't "stable", then the option to enable it
shouldn't be present as part of the stable release series.

S.