[OpenAFS] NetRestrict file info/help needed

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:45:27 -0800

Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> writes:

> I need some info about NetRestrict file with debian system on OpenAFS 1.4.7.
> I run 4 file servers for some time now, in december I added a local
> network address to eth0 of one of the servers.
> On that server I added a file
> NetRestrict
> in /etc/openafs and in /etc/openafs/server-local in which I noted:
>
> 127.0.0.1
> 172.24.25.30
> 172.24.25.80
> *172.24.25.255*
>
> But on every restart of that fileserver, I see the IP 172.24.25.80 in vldb.
>
> Do I use the NetRestrict file in a wrong way?

/etc/openafs is the client NetRestrict file and you want the server
NetRestrict file.

/etc/openafs/server-local would have been the right location in earlier
versions, but most of the files that go into that directory are not
configuration files.  The directory was moved to /var/lib/openafs/local in
1.4.4.dfsg1-4.

Try putting that file in /var/lib/openafs/local/NetRestrict and see if it
works any better.