[OpenAFS] IP-address-based ACLs not working for a specific host

Kevin Sumner ksumner@email.unc.edu
Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:28:06 -0500

We had a problem with this at the last place I worked -- turned out to
be the Linux clients getting an all-zero UUID on startup.  When somebody
without permission with the same UUID would auth to the cell and start
doing file IO, our machines would quit being able to use IP-based ACLs.
  I thought there was a fix in the 1.4 branch at some point, but we got
around it quickly by running fs uuid -generate on startup after the link
came up.

Kevin Sumner
ITS Enterprise Storage Management
CB# 1150, 440 W. Franklin Street, Office G408
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1150

ksumner@unc.edu

919.962.1547 (office)
919.259.9734 (mobile)