[OpenAFS] Current Limits of OpenAfs ?

gary mazzaferro garym@oedata.com
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:31:22 -0800

------=_Part_50834_27408968.1231518682165

Hi,

Is there a place I can find the current file, directory, volume and
partition limits for OpenAfs ? I'm not sure which values are current.

This is what I found searching:

Max Number of Volumes Per Server: ?
Max partition size in 1.4.x is 2TB
Max partition size in 1.5.x is max signed int64

Max Number of files in a volume: ?
Max Number of files in a directories (Something to do with 64K slots and 16
chars per slot)

Max File Name Size: 255 chars  -- Does it include the entire name space ?
Max ACLs Per Directory: ?

No ACLs per file: 0

I haven't found anything on the client side... Is there a limit on the size
of the volume a client can attach?

-cheers

gary