[OpenAFS] Current Limits of OpenAfs ?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:58:02 -0500

> Can anyone tell me how to calculate the memory requirement for each client
> on a server ?

Not without more information. The state information is stored per
callback, which is one per file/directory in a writable volume, and
one per entire readonly volume, so without knowing what the client's
utilization will be, I can't say.

> Are the file ACLs the underlying native ux ACLs or are AFS's file ACLs
> layered on top ?

AFS acls are by directory. Unix mode bits are there but not enforced by AFS.

> The question is really for eval'ing AFS over ZFS and direct support for
> WIndows/Samba ACLs.
>
> Is there a time table for the file ACL support ?

Some work was done last summer but to the moment there has been no
further progress, and the work from last summer at this point is
effectively only design work.