[OpenAFS] AFS design question: implementing AFS over a highly-distributed, low-bandwidth network

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:22:36 -0800

So, in your considered opinion, would it be wiser to go with one cell, put =
up with potential quorum snafus, ensure the clients set their preferred =
server to a local one, and move R/W volumes when users move locations?  Or =
to go with multiple cells, perhaps one as master, and resolving =
ambiguities on a per-volume basis depending on how that volume is intended =
to be used?

http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw08/talks/wed_1/OpenAFS_and_the_Dawn_of_a_=
New_E
>> ra.pdf)
>>> as far as i know none of their tools are distributed at this time.
>>=20
>> Anyone know any Morgan Stanley folks with whom I could chat about this
>> stuff?  Is this
>> something others would be interested in as well?
>=20
> In my opinion, the Morgan Stanley tools are not general purpose.   They
> do what they do but are very specific to the way that Morgan Stanley
> built their infrastructure.
>=20
> Jeffrey Altman

FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on =
your desktop=21