[OpenAFS] Linux Kernel change disables AFS

dave first linux4dave@gmail.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:19:05 -0800

My memory is refreshing... somewhat.  Okay, in the past the RPM kmod
was not used.  Instead, we compiled a kernel module.  So, I have
compiled a new kernel module for this CentOS, and installed.  The
openafs-client successfully started afsd and its associated daemons.

(I had found that the online kmod RPM has a dependency for
kernel-x86_64, which we don't currently have.  It was more expeditious
to build a new kmod and install.)

Thank you for your help today!  I have documented this build and
install for my group.  If anyone is interested in it, just let me
know.

-- dave