[OpenAFS] Stupid NAT routers & UDP keepalive packets

Ryan C. Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:27:49 -0600

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

I guess cronning a 'fs checkservers' for every 2 minutes works well
enough...

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 01:39:11AM -0600, Ryan C. Underwood wrote:
>=20
> The standard suggestion to people experiencing AFS disconnections after
> idling on a NAT is to increase the UDP mapping timeout on the router.
> Unfortunately, this is impossible for the majority of idiotic "routers"
> sold in stores with proprietary firmware.  Is it possible for the AFS
> client to send a periodic keepalive packet itself for this purpose,
> similar to the OpenSSH client?  If I recall correctly, there is even a
> "ping" packet type specified in Rx for this purpose.

--=20
Ryan C. Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--