[OpenAFS] failure getting proper kmod on centos

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:52:34 +0100

> Is there a way to pin the kmod to my current kernel version when
> running yum?

Essentially, this means that you're building a kernel newer than the
one we've got a module available for on OpenAFS.org. Delays in us
making modules available generally occur because we're reliant on
CentOS producing packages for us to build against, because the build
machine is tied up building new releases, or because the final copying
step is manual, and hasn't been performed recently.

> Otherwise, what are my options?

Generally, patience. More specifically, donations of RHEL entitlements
would allow us to build directly against RHEL binaries thus avoiding
the CentOS delay; access to additional 64 bit hardware would allow us
to prevent the nightly update builds from being blocked by new release
builds; and prodding Derrick generally fixes the copying step.

I note:

[lochranza]sxw: ls -l kmod-
openafs-1.4.10-1.1.2.6.18_128.1.16.el5.x86_64.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 28139 people 253707 Jul  1 18:58 kmod-
openafs-1.4.10-1.1.2.6.18_128.1.16.el5.x86_64.rpm

So it will be with you shortly ...

Cheers,

Simon.