[OpenAFS] Automatic token renewal

Robbert Eggermont R.Eggermont@tudelft.nl
Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:55:31 +0200

Dear all,

Our AD Kerberos servers serves tickets with a 10 hour expiration time,
thus my tickets (and AFS tokens) expire at night. I would like to
automatically renew my AFS token for all processes started from KDE
(which seem to be in the same PAG). Is there a "standard" solution for this?

I tried to run 'krenew -b -t -K 60' from a /opt/kde3/env/ shell script.
When running klist in a shell under KDE, I see the Kerberos ticket (in
/tmp/krb5cc_xxxx) being renewed every 5 hours. However, my AFS token in
the shell is not being renewed. According to the krenew and shell PAG
group ids, they seem to be in the same PAG. Krenew seems to work as
expected when run in a shell under KDE. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Robbert

--
Robbert Eggermont                   Information & Communication Theory
R.Eggermont@TUDelft.nl         Electr.Eng., Mathematics & Comp.Science