[OpenAFS] Trouble with libnss-afs

mozafar roshany m.roshany@gmail.com
Sun, 5 Jul 2009 11:48:22 +0400

--0016e6dee96e251943046df09d1f

Hi all.

I working on OpenAFS through this document on Debian Lenny:
http://www.debian-administration.org/article/OpenAFS_installation_on_Debian#id2507131

I've done much of the work successfully and have /afs mounted.

My problem is with the libnss-afs package and its post-configurations
including /etc/nsswitch.conf. (I don't want to use LDAP in this state).
After changing the nsswitch.conf file to reflect the following changes:

passwd:  afs files
group:   afs files
shadow:  files

the test of metadata retreival (as document says) fails. and I get the
"segmentation fault" errors when booting/rebooting and I can't login to
sever!
See this snapshot from my virtual box:  http://i44.tinypic.com/8xu7ok.jpg ;
Note those seg fault errors and the disabled login.

I should mention that I've installed the libnss-afs_1.08_i386.deb package or
its 1.07 version.
And I came to build the packagefrom source but I get compile errors:
http://pastebin.com/f63cc5018

Thannk you in advance for any help.

--0016e6dee96e251943046df09d1f

Hi all.<br><br>I working on OpenAFS through this document on Debian Lenny: =
n_on_Debian#id2507131">http://www.debian-administration.org/article/OpenAFS=
_installation_on_Debian#id2507131</a> <br>
ncluding /etc/nsswitch.conf. (I don&#39;t want to use LDAP in this state). =
After changing the nsswitch.conf file to reflect the following changes:<br>
files<br></pre>the test of metadata retreival (as document says) fails. and=
 I get the &quot;segmentation fault&quot; errors when booting/rebooting and=
 I can&#39;t login to sever! <br>
See this snapshot from my virtual box:=A0 <a href=3D"http://i44.tinypic.com=
/8xu7ok.jpg">http://i44.tinypic.com/8xu7ok.jpg</a> ; Note those seg fault e=
rrors and the disabled login. <br><br>I should mention that I&#39;ve instal=
led the libnss-afs_1.08_i386.deb package or its 1.07 version. <br>
And I came to build the packagefrom source but I get compile errors: <a hre=
f=3D"http://pastebin.com/f63cc5018">http://pastebin.com/f63cc5018</a><br><b=
r>Thannk you in advance for any help.<br>

--0016e6dee96e251943046df09d1f--