[OpenAFS] Re: Trouble with libnss-afs

Gunnar Krull gklists@cs.uni-goettingen.de
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:13:13 +0200

On Monday 06 July 2009 19:28:55 Adam Megacz wrote:
> mozafar roshany <m.roshany@gmail.com> writes:
> > I working on OpenAFS through this document on Debian Lenny:
> > I should mention that I've installed the libnss-afs_1.08_i386.deb package
> > or its 1.07 version.
>
> Hi, Mozafar.  Could you please try upgrading to libnss-afs 1.08?  I
> recently fixed a linking problem that only causes trouble for users of
> newer libc's:
>
>   http://git.hcoop.net/?p=megacz/libnss-afs.git;a=commit;h=491cdaa05effc3
>

> /afs/hcoop.net/user/m/me/megacz/public/libnss-afs/libnss-afs_1.08_i386.deb
>
> Note that the debs with 1.08 in their name were rebuilt recently; git
> is the authoritative source of version numbers.

Hi Adam,

the latest version 1.08 of libnss-afs cannot be build on a amd64 Ubuntu Jaunty.
I'm getting this error message:

gcc -shared -fPIC -o libnss_afs.so.2 nss_afs.o \
        -Wl,-soname,libnss_afs.so.2 -L/usr/lib/afs -L/usr/lib -lafsauthent -lafsrpc -lpthread -lsys -lnsl -lresolv -g
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libafsauthent.a(ubikclient.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `ubik_client_mutex' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/libafsauthent.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libnss_afs.so.2] Error 1

But when I use the old LDFLAGS definition from version 1.07 the compilation is successful.

Regards,
Gunnar