[OpenAFS] Re: Trouble with libnss-afs

Adam Megacz megacz@hcoop.net
Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:21:35 -0700

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
> Adam, on Debian you want to link with -lafsauthent_pic -lafsrpc_pic.  At
> least if they're available, which for lenny may require using a backport
> since they only went in the 1.4.10 release.

One possibility: I could require >=1.4.10 in order to build, but allow
installation on earlier versions of OpenAFS.

Will this work?  In other words, if libnss_afs.so statically links to
libafsauthent_pic.a/libafsrpc_pic.a from 1.4.10 and then the shared
library is introduced to (say) a 1.4.2 system, will it cause problems?

  - a