[OpenAFS] Network becomes terribly slow when cache manager flushes updates over xDSL

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:44:25 +0200 (CEST)

> I have to say that ifconfig still shows a MTU of 1500.

Yes, your local interface does not know anything about the network further down the line.

> By the way, I didn't get the final point about the "-nojumbo" and
> "-rxmaxmtu" params : will they appear in a release soon? And if yes,
> they will replace the change to RX_MACK_FRAGS I had to make?

No, these three do control different aspects of "how to pack your packets".

I'd set -rxmaxmtu to the lowest value you got with your ping experiments.

Harald.