[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Windows Client not able to access directory

Karen Eldredge karen.eldredge@infoprint.com
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:16:50 -0600

We have a OpenAFS Windows client  and the user on that system was not able to
access one directory even though the ACLs showed he has access permission.  The
user was able to access this directory from another AFS client, so I believe
that this is an client issue.  Since it was just one AFS directory he could not
access we tried running fs flushv & fs checkv via the  Network Identity
manager.

When trying to access the AFS directory we got the message network directory
not available (not sure if this is the exact message).  Then we ran the cmdebug
and got the message "failed to get cache entry ...  server or network not
responding".   We are able to ping the AFS servers.

When this happens what are the best ways to debug the problem?

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you." _____________________________________________________________________________