[OpenAFS] Kmail issues on OpenAFS.

Vishnu Ram vrvlist@gmail.com
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:08:28 +0530

--0016369cff73ca48e2046f234050

Hello,

I'm working on to move all our workstations to OpenAFS+LDAP+Kerberos setup.
During trial run, it was noticed that kmail has issues with mail indexing.
When a mail is delivered to a folder, then it shows "Read" mails as
"Unread". This status change occurs
mainly to the mails read on the same day. The issue is intermittent.
When I use email client using "mbox" format - Thunderbird" or "Evolution" -
no such issues are noticed.
User home directories and mail folders are served using OpenAFS.

Kmail uses "maildir" format. Is there any issues with "maildir" on
"OpenAFS"?
Has anyone faced similar issues with Kmail on OpenAFS?

Server OS: Ubuntu 9.04 server edition
OpenAFS Version: 1.4.9 (Ubuntu package)
Workstation OS: Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop, with "kubuntu-desktop" installed for
"KDE"
Kmail version: 1.11.2, Using KDE 4.2.2

Regards,
Vishnu

--0016369cff73ca48e2046f234050

Hello,<br><br>I&#39;m working on to move all our workstations to OpenAFS+LD=
AP+Kerberos setup.<br>During trial run, it was noticed that kmail has issue=
s with mail indexing.<br>When a mail is delivered to a folder, then it show=
s &quot;Read&quot; mails as &quot;Unread&quot;. This status change occurs <=
br>
mainly to the mails read on the same day. The issue is intermittent.<br>Whe=
n I use email client using &quot;mbox&quot; format - Thunderbird&quot; or &=
quot;Evolution&quot; - no such issues are noticed.<br>User home directories=
 and mail folders are served using OpenAFS.<br>
aildir&quot; on &quot;OpenAFS&quot;? <br>Has anyone faced similar issues wi=
OpenAFS Version: 1.4.9 (Ubuntu package)<br>Workstation OS: Ubuntu 9.04 Desk=
top, with &quot;kubuntu-desktop&quot; installed for &quot;KDE&quot;<br>Kmai=

--0016369cff73ca48e2046f234050--