[OpenAFS] Openafs on Ubuntu

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:17:14 -0700

gottoomanyaccounts <gottoomanyaccounts@gmail.com> writes:

> I am wondering is there a plan to have an official repository for Ubuntu,
> like the one we have for Fedora/RHEL?  It would be nice to be able to
> install the openafs client on Ubuntu as easily as on Fedora.

Debian packages are uploaded directly to Debian rather than maintaining a
separate repository and imported from there into Ubuntu.  I do backports
for the Debian backports.org repository following its normal acceptance
procedures (which means that the package has to have migrated to testing).
You can generally point Ubuntu systems at the corresponding Debian
backports repository and that will work.