[OpenAFS] openafs-devel 1.4.11 RPM conflicts with e2fsprogs-devel on RHEL4 and RHEL5

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:41:28 +0100

On 21 Jul 2009, at 00:32, Darren Patterson wrote:

> Just a heads up... I discovered today that the openafs-devel 1.4.11
> RPM conflicts with e2fsprogs-devel on RHEL4 and RHEL5.  It would
> seem that /usr/share/man/man1/compile_et.1.gz is already provided by
> e2fsprogs-devel.

This is a known problem - it's RT #125113

We're going to rename our compile_et binary, and manpage so that they
don't conflict. I was going to write the patch today, but I guess I'm
out of time ... Once the patch is upstream, there will be a -2 rpm
release with it included.

S.