[OpenAFS] Client IPs not being inserted into the server's host CPS table

David R Boldt dboldt@usgs.gov
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:30:29 -0400

--=_alternative 00552B4485257602_=

> We use IP ACLs to serve web content out of AFS via a pool of load-
> balanced servers.  We've had a problem lately where after a reboot,
> the IP ACL for the rebooted web server/AFS client sometimes stops
> working on a random AFS file server.  It works for all the rest of the
> AFS servers, just not the one deciding to be difficult.

We had just noticed recently that on a few Solaris 10 clients
(OpenAFS 1.4.10 ), IP-based ACLs seem to be sporadically
dysfunctional.  Our admin has claimed that different login
sessions to the same client resulted in different access.
Haven't had time yet to reproduce/debug this.

--david boldt
U.S. Geological Survey

--=_alternative 00552B4485257602_=

out of AFS via a pool of load-<br>
&gt; balanced servers. &nbsp;We've had a problem lately where after a reboot,<br>
&gt; the IP ACL for the rebooted web server/AFS client sometimes stops<br>
&gt; working on a random AFS file server. &nbsp;It works for all the rest
of the<br>
&gt; AFS servers, just not the one deciding to be difficult.</font>
a few Solaris 10 clients </font>
to be sporadically </font>
that different login </font>
in different access.</font>