[OpenAFS] OS X 10.5 and kerberos ssh logins

Adeyemi Adesanya yemi@slac.stanford.edu
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:07:18 -0700

Hi There.

We've had a long standing issue with OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and I just
wanted to check with folks to see if anyone has solved it. We are able
to perform Kerberos SSH logins to 10.5 clients using the SSH GSSAPI
options GSSAPIAuthentication and GSSAPIDelegateCredentials. As long as
I have a valid kerberos ticket, I can log into my 10.5 systems without
supplying a password. However, there does not appear to be any sign
that the forwarded kerberos ticket is cached on the remote system. As
a result, I cannot obtain an AFS token automatically. This was working
for us under 10.4 but we have not found a solution for 10.5. Looks
like the problem still exists for 10.6 too.

-------
Yemi