[OpenAFS] Odd token/fileserver permission denied problem

Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:36:52 -0400

Gedaliah Wolosh wrote:

> Currently our cell is authenticating to both the KA server and Krb5. The
> AFS Keyfile contains principals for both afs and afs/cellname.  The
> KeyFile is distributed via upclient.  This has been working for several
> months without issue.
>
> A new file server was put in place. If aklog is used to get a token, the
> token does not give the user permission in any volume served by this new
> file server. A token obtained by klog is fine.

The kaserver token will be issued from a realm with the same name as the
cell.  What is the name of the Kerberos v5 realm and if it is not the
same, does it exist in the afs krb.conf file?

> Creating a host principal and putting it in the file servers
> /etc/krb5.keytab didn't help.

Kerberos v5 keytabs are not used by AFS servers.

> aklog -d does not offer any useful information, nor do the logs. I
> compared the AFS Keyfile to the KeyFile on the other servers and they
> are the same. The file server is running OpenAFS 1.4.11 on Solaris 10.

Tokens are obtained for the cell.  If the tokens are obtained there is
nothing for aklog to say other than success.

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

My guess is that either:

 . the Kerberos v5 realm name differs from the name of the cell
   and that realm name is not in the afs krb.conf file.

 . the KeyFile on the new file server does not contain all of
   the keys that are present on the other file servers.

Jeffrey Altman