[OpenAFS] OS X 10.5 and kerberos ssh logins

Adeyemi Adesanya yemi@slac.stanford.edu
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:30:49 -0700

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. I tried a various
combinations of PAM modules with the default version of sshd supplied
with OS X 10.5.7 but I was unable to locate a valid kerberos ticket
cache after connecting to the server.

I finally built the Macports version of openssh and got the results I
want. I configured sshd without using any PAM modules and enabled the
kerberos authentication option. I can connect to the server and the
environment variable KRB5CCNAME is set to FILE:/tmp/xxxxxx . I can
then use the regular command-line tools (aklog, klist, etc) which use
this environment variable by default.

-------
Yemi